“Good morning.” she says.
“Good night my love.” his reply.
Two people in two different time zones. Two people in two different country.
Two people that beats only one love.
It was 21st of June when she said yes to be in a relationship. She never thought of the future until she has to face it. The day drew near that the man she loves has to leave to work abroad. She felt the weight of her decision then, thinking of how this relationship will work being apart from each other.
The man constantly messaged her even while he’s at work. All the time that they’re both awake, it is as if they weren’t miles apart. During the man’s off work, it has always been a day for them to talk via video call. Talk about the week, about the work, about their dreams and ends it with hope. For months it has been a routine until their means of video call has been banned on the man’s part.
She felt sad of what is to come but the man stayed positive. He continuously messaged her, sent her photos and videos. Devoted his time and guaranteed her of the future they had planned. It is enough at the moment and both are still happily struggling in this relationship.
This is when the woman realised:
- Love is the reason why both people keep in touch.
- Love is the reason why both people stay strong in a relationship.
- Love is the reason why both people trusts each other.
- Love is the reason why both people sacrifice time and effort.
- Love is the reason why both people choose to stay in a relationship even factors of disrupting the communication arise.
- Love is the reason why both people stay happy amidst the distance.
- Love is the reason why both people dilutes their fears.
- Love is the reason why both people hope that this situation will end soon.
- And lastly, His love (being at the center) is the reason why both people stay, cherish each moment be it good or not so good or even at bad times, never wavered in their fidelity and chooses to love more beyond the flaws of each other.
In doubt? No.
Do you still love him? Yes.
Even in this long distance relationship? Irrevocably and most ardently yes!!
“so that Christ may dwell in your hearts through faith. And I pray that you, being rooted and established in love, may have power, together with all the Lord’s holy people, to grasp how wide and long and high and deep is the love of Christ,”
Ephesians 3:17-18 NIV
“There is no fear in love. But perfect love drives out fear, because fear has to do with punishment. The one who fears is not made perfect in love.”
1 John 4:18 NIV